Golf is a kind of game that players hit the ball the golf clubs. Actually it has become popular all over the world. And a golfer loves to play golf but he has to carry something with him while playing golf. For example- Golf clubs, balls, gloves, and so many things. Now, the concerned matter for a golfer is what is standard golf club length? Well, we know a perfect golf club length depends on players and their heights. But a golf club length has to remain under 48 inches.
What is the Standard Golf Club Length? Well, Let’s Have a Quick Look Into This club Length
A golfer must know the heights of a golf club because he is a golfer. But many of us don’t know the exact golf club length. Well, the length should be 48 inches but can’t be more than that. But this length depends on your club types. Like if you use an iron then 39 inches for 3 iron.
Here is a quick chart of club-length-
Club Graphite Steel
3 wood 43 inch 42.5 inch
5 wood 42.5 inch 42 inch
7 wood 42 inch 41.5 inch
3 iron 39 inch 38.75 inch
5 iron 38 inch 37.75 inch
6 iron 37.5 inch 37.25 inch
7 iron 36 inch 36.75 inch
8 iron 36.5 inch 36.25 inch
Driver 45-46 inch N/A
So, here is the golf club-length basis on driver, iron, and wood. But standard golf club-length should be 48 inches or lower than that.
How to Measure Golf Club Length for Height?
If you want to measure your golf club-length according to your height. Then you have to follow some steps so that you measure perfectly. So here are some tips or steps that help you to measure your height.
- The first and utmost thing is you have to know your height. Because for a taller person he needs long clubs. So the first thing is to measure your height
- Secondly, You have to look forward to wrist to floor distance
- Thirdly swing a standard length club at the store that you have chosen
- Choose the right club so that you can score perfectly and swing perfectly too
So, if you follow these tips then you can get a perfect club according to your heights.
How to Measure Iron Length?
Iron length is based on iron types that you are using. There are so many iron types like iron 1 to 9 and also AW, PW, SW, LW too. So, here is a quick chart of it-
Club Types Steel Shafted Irons Graphite shafted Irons
Iron 1 39 ½ inch 40 inch
Iron 2 39 inch 39 ½ inch
Iron 3 38 ½ inch 39 inch
Iron 4 38 inch 38 ½ inch
Iron 5 37 ½ inch 38 inch
Iron 6 37 inch 37 ½ inch
Iron 7 36 ½ inch 37 inch
Iron 8 36 inch 36 ½ inch
Iron 9 35 ½ inch 36 inch
These are the measurement for the length of Iron golf clubs. If you want to use iron clubs then you have to follow the measurement to use the clubs.
How to Measure Golf Driver Length?
Are you interested in measuring the length of your golf driver? To measure your golf driver’s length in an easy way, we will help you guys. Then follow the steps given below-
- With an overlap of 1-2 inches, tape a ruler which is 12 inches to the end of your yardstick
- You must ensure that to start at the measurement of 2-3 inches, your ruler is perfectly aligned
- Then you will need to set that equipment on the ground so that it will seem like you are swinging it. And, that method will surely help you for the perfection
- After that, you will have to align with the base of the club which is the end of the yardstick where it will have a touch to the ground. You will need to hold the measuring device for the golf driver
- On the rule, read your done measurement which is below the grip’s tip approximately ¼ inch
When to Use Fairway Wood?
Well, if you want to know when you should use a fairway wood then we would say that totally depends on you and mostly on your experience. Some golfers use a fairway wood for taking a very long shot while he is struggling. On the other hand, some golfers use them for taking short shots.
By the way, here, we are giving the chart which will tell you how long shot, you can take with different fairway wood–
- 3 wood for 120 to 140 yards
- 4 wood for 110 to 220 yards
- 5 wood for 105 to 215 yards
- 7 wood for 90 to 170 yards
Which Fairway Woods Should I Carry in My Golf Bag?
At first, let us inform you that you are eligible to take a maximum of 14 golf clubs in your golf bag. There are no fixed rules for choosing the golf equipment which would be carried in a golf bag. It totally depends on your playing style and your needs. But, we are sharing the general equipment which you will need during playing a golf course. Here, they are-
- A golf driver and a golf putter
- One 3 fairway wood of golfing
- You must have to carry a set of irons which is 5 in number or more
- 2 wedges and 3 long clubs
- This can be an addition of another long club or wedge which depends totally on you.
Well, we tried to bring all the relevant facts related to golf clubs. From that information, you will get to know the standard length of a golf club. A golf club is one of the most important equipment of golf. So, as a golfer whether he or she is a pro or newbie, one should have the proper knowledge about a golf club.
Leave a Reply