The golf authority permits a golfer to carry in his or her golf bag 14 clubs during every round. The clubs basically vary from player to player of golf. A golf player generally loves to carry the clubs that help him or her to bring out the best performance.
But, why a golfer has to bring different types of clubs? As a golfer, everyone has to bring different types of golf clubs to take shots of different distances. Have you got it now?
Now, the question is, what does a full set of golf clubs consist of? Right? To help you with that we are going to talk about what types of golf clubs and why they are brought by a golfer.
Interested? Well, let’s jump into the facts without wasting any time.
What Does a Full Set of Golf Clubs Consist of? How Many Clubs are in a Complete Set of Golf Clubs? Let’s Know!
As we mentioned before that a complete golf club set has 14 clubs. So, to understand the golf club set, you have to know the types of golf clubs. That’s why, at first, we are going to share the different types of golf clubs. Because having a wrong set will not get any forgiveness in the course.
Different Types of Golf Clubs
There are four types of golf clubs. These different types of golf clubs have different usages. They are used for taking different types and distanced shots. Here, the types of golf clubs are-
- Wood Golf Clubs
- Iron Clubs
- Wedge Golf Clubs
- Putter Clubs
Well, we will talk about the different types of uses of the golf clubs later. Now, we are about to talk about how many golf clubs make a full set of golf clubs. Are you interested? Well, let’s start.
>> Number of Wood Clubs in the Full Set of Golf Clubs
In the full set of golf clubs, there will generally a driver, a 5-wood, and a 3-wood. But, what does a 5 wood or 3 wood mean? Want to know? Let’s know.
The clubs that are able to hit the golf ball the farthest are the wood clubs. The wood clubs are named because, in the past, this type of golf club heads were made of hickory and persimmon woods. But, with the flow of time, the club heads are now made of titanium, steel, and alloys.
With a wood club, a golfer can take a shot 200-350 yards, even more than that. Isn’t it exciting?
A wood club has a round head, flat bottom, the angle clubface with a low-degree of loft in relation to the shaft of the club. Club shaft is an important factor to consider. This is the structure of the wood golf club for long-distance shots.
The loft of the degree with the lowest of the club is known as the 1-wood. This 1-wood golf club hits the ball to the farthest. The number of wood golf club increases according to the increasing loft of the degree of the club. That means the higher number woods have higher degrees of loft.
>> Number of Iron Clubs in the Full Set of Golf Clubs
The standard full set of golf clubs an iron club and, the model should be among the 3-iron to 9-iron. Again, a number for the model? Yes, like the wood clubs, the iron clubs also have a number to identify them.
Like the wood clubs, the loft of the degree with the lowest of the club is known as the 1-iron. The number of iron golf club increases according to the increasing loft of the degree of the club.
The iron clubs have models of the 1 irons to 9 irons. But, most golfers carry one or two iron clubs. Very few have the full set of iron clubs. Even, most golfers avoid 1-iron and 2-iron because these clubs are very difficult to hit the ball accurately. We also suggest you should try to avoid these two iron clubs.
>> Number of Wedge & Putter Clubs in the Full Set of Golf Clubs
A beginner or seasonal golfer must have a pitching wedge and a putter. But, a skilled golfer will have more wedge golf clubs in his or her golf bag.
What is a pitching wedge golf club? You want to know that right?
The wedge clubs are special for the highest loft. They are able to hit the ball for a short distant target and higher in the air. There are available in pitching wedges, sand wedges, gap wedges, and lob wedges. These wedge clubs are different for their degree of loft.
Now, what about a putter? Every golfer has a putter in his or her to make a perfect and complete set of golf clubs. The putters don’t have any loft. As a result, when the golfer hits the ball with a putter, the ball just simply starts rolling. The putters have different shaft lengths and head shapes.
The players can choose any of them according to their comfort. There is no difficult to choose the right one.
Uses of Different Types of Golf Clubs
Now, we are going to talk about the uses of different types of golf clubs. If you will get to know the uses of the golf clubs, then you will understand which one is perfect for you. Here, we go-
>> Uses of Wood Golf Clubs
- With the wood golf clubs, you can take the longest shots
- Wood golf clubs are able to hit the ball for 200 to more than about 350 yards
- The shape of the club makes it able to take the long-distance shots
>> Uses of Iron Golf Clubs
- With the iron golf clubs, a golfer can to take the semi-longest shots
- Iron golf clubs are able to hit the ball bit less than 200 yards
- The 4 iron, 5 iron, and 6 iron are known as the middle iron golf clubs. They are able to hit the ball about 150 yards to 170 yards
>> Uses of Wedges Golf Clubs
- With a wedge golf club, you can take the ball high in the air from the grass
- This golf club is able to fly the ball to the hole from the grass
- The golf club is able to loft the ball much higher compared to other clubs
- Most of the golfers use pitching wedge clubs in the golf round
>> Uses of Putter Golf Clubs
- Golfers use the putters the most during a round
- With the putters, you can take the ball to the target by smoothly rolling it
- Putters are able to give the lowest loft to the ball
- Every golfer must have a putter in his or her golf bag
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I choose between the different golf club sets as someone new to golf?
Answer: We are sharing some tips that you should follow as a new golfer before choosing a set of golf clubs. These will help you with the selection of clubs. Here, they are-
- You don’t need to have a driver at first, because they are difficult to hit with
- As a new golfer, you should have a 3 fairway wood with a loft of 17 degrees. Because fairway wood is able to take a long-distance shot
- You may have the hybrid clubs of 21 degree
- The 7-pitch stand and 9-pitch stand irons are essential to carry in the bag
- You need to carry a drive with 14 degrees of loft for sure for women’s golf game
- A woman golfer may carry the fairway 5, 9, 7 wood golf club, but, 7 wood would be perfect
- A sand wedge, a 9-iron, and a putter are the most important clubs to carry
Do I need to get fitted before buying a new set of beginner golf clubs?
Answer: There is no rule for being perfectly fitted before having a set of golf clubs. But, if you have perfect fitness then you will get advantages for sure. While using a golf club during the golf game, your perfect fitness will add an extra dimension to your performance.
Just you need is that you have to choose the perfect golf clubs that are suitable for your current fitness. That’s it. Are you clear now?
In our discussion, we tried our best to bring out all the relevant information about what does a full set of golf clubs consist of. We hope you are now knowledgeable about the golf club and its uses too. You need to choose the perfect set of golf clubs. Because if you pick the wrong one, then you will not get any forgiveness in the game.
If you want to know more then you may contact us. We will appreciate your queries of knowing of the golf club or any. Best of luck guys.