A golf bag is one of the necessary accessories that allow all the golfers to carry their beloved golf clubs around the golf course conveniently. A professional golfer knows the importance of maintaining the golf bags properly. If you do not take care of the golf bag properly then it can cause your beloved golf clubs to wear down easily, especially when you have packed up all your stuffs in the basement and you are waiting for the next golf season to begin. If you are interested to know how to clean golf bag then our this article is for you.
There are many golfers who are not interested to spend some time behind cleaning their golf bags. They are not interested because they think that spending their valuable time behind this will not add any score during a golf course. But, the pro golfers know how important it is to clean their golf bags. They are really interested to know how to clean a golf bag and for them & beginner golfers, we will discuss it.
Table of Contents
How to Clean Golf Bag: An Important Task for Every Golfer
As we all know that cleaning task is always a kind of boring and hard task. So, to make this golf bag cleaning task more easy, we are going to share some easy steps with you guys. We will share some steps and methods related with cleaning the outer and inner part of the golf bag.
How to Clean the Outer Part of Golf Bag
Now, we are going to share the steps which you should follow to clean the outer side of you golf bag. We are hopeful that you will be helpful by following our given steps. Here, they are-
- Removing everything from the bag: At first, you have to remove all the things from the golf bag. One more thing, do not forget to remove those items kept in the pockets.
- Spraying water: Then, you have to spray some water on you golf bag lightly. It will help you to make you bag more soft for cleaning it.
- Collecting necessary items: For cleaning, you will need to arrange mild soap, a clean cloth or soft rag, household stain remover.
- Using mild soap: Then, you will have to mix the mild soap up in some water which is warm and you have to use the mixed mild soap water on the bag.
- Scrubbing & removing stains: With the help of the clean cloth or the soft rag, you will have to scrub the bag very gently. In case, there is any kind of stain on your bag and you want to wipe it then, you will have to use the stain remover. You must have to be careful because if you scrub the bag very hard then it may cause damage to your golf bag.
- Using a hose or pipe: After scrubbing the bag, you will need to use to a hose or pipe to rinse your golf bag with clean water thoroughly.
- Drying the bag: Once your golf bag is cleaned then let your bag dry for one day under a shaded area. Remember one thing that you should not keep your golf bag under the sun for drying. It may cause damage to your golf bag.
- Using vinyl protectant: If your golf bag is made of using vinyl then you may use vinyl protectant to make golf bag more shining.
- Reshaping the golf bag: If you find that your golf bag is out shape after cleaning then you can restore its shape. For reshaping your bag, you will need to keep towels or clothes in all the pockets of the bag.
How to Clean the Inner Part of Golf Bag
It is important to know how you can clean the inside part of your golf bag. For cleaning the inside part of the bag, you may follow two methods. Now, we are going to talk about those methods and here, they are-
- Method No. 1: This method is very simple for any golfer. You will just need to wash your golf bag with cleaning clean water. You will to scrub the bag with a clean cloth by using the cleaning water. After cleaning, you will need to let you bag dry for few hours under a fan. Many golfers follow this method to clean the inner part of their golf bags.
- Method No. 2: The next method is washing with mild soap. This cleaning method will take long time and you will have to give some labor too. It is like the same of cleaning the outside of the bag. After cleaning, you will need to let you bag dry for few hours under a shaded area.
Some Important Tips for Cleaning a Golf Bag
You may follow these simple guidelines if you want your bag to look like new always. Here, the tips are given-
- Shaping up your golf bag: If you find that your golf bag is out of shape then you may put towels or clothes in the pockets. It will reshape you golf bag and you must ensure all the time that you bag is not overloaded then it will damage the zippers.
- Do not let the bag dry under sun: After washing or cleaning your bag, you should not keep your bag under sun to dry. If you do so then it will cause damage to your bag.
- Cleaning the wedges of golf clubs: Golf clubs are the beloved accessories of all the golfers. But, if you do not clean the wedges of the golf clubs before placing them in the bag then it will damage your bag. So, you should always clean the wedges of the clubs before putting them in the bag.
- Do not dry your golf bag in high temperature: You should not keep your golf bag in a place to dry where the temperature is above 40 degree Celsius. You should keep your bag in a shaded place and allow the bag to dry slowly.
- Do not use washer machine to wash the bag: Do not use your washer machine to wash your golf bag. You cannot imagine how much damage it can make.
We have another article which is related to golf bag. If you guys want then you can go trough that article. I hope that you will be benefited.
In our article about how to clean golf bag, we disclosed all the relevant facts of cleaning golf bag. As we mentioned before that a golf bag is very important element for a golfer. A beginner or intermediate golfer may not understand the importance of a golf bag, but a professional golfer can understand it very well. We tried our level best to make your this cleaning task more easy than before by share all the steps and methods.
We hope that you guys will be helpful through us. If you guys have any kind to know then you guys can leave comment in the comment section. Wish all the very best guys.